ServSafe Classes 2015
CropCircle Kitchen offers ServSafe, a Food Manager's Certification and Training class. In the training you will learn:
Jan 21 & 22, 5-9pm
Deadlines for sign-up and payment:
Friday, Jan 16th
- Food safety regulations and standards
- How to keep food safe in your operation
- The causes of food borne illness
- How to correctly clean and sanitize and much more!
|ServSafe Class, Book, & Exam||$190|
|ServSafe Class & Exam (no book)||$140|
|ServSafe Re-test, Proctoring, Exam only||$80|
|ServSafe Book with exam sheet||$130|
The deadline for sign-up and payment is always the week prior to the first day of class. We accept checks, credit cards and money orders.
Why should I take ServSafe?
- Massachusetts requires that food establishments have at least one PIC (person in charge) who is a certified food protection manager. A PIC becomes a certified food manager by passing an accredited examination such as ServSafe. ServSafe certification is recognized nationwide.
How long is the certification valid?
- Your certification will be valid for 5 years.
When do I take the exam?
- The exam takes place on the second night of the two-night class. The exam starts around 7:30 pm on the second night.
How long is the exam?
- The exam is 90 questions and is untimed. It is a paper and pencil test. Be sure to bring a #2 pencil.
When will I get my results?
- You can access your score on the ServSafe website. The score is typically posted within 14 days.
What book do you use and where can I get one?
- We use Servsafe Manager Book, 6th Edition updated with the 2009 FDA Food Code. You can buy one from us. The cost of a book without an exam answer sheet is $75.00. Be sure to bring your book to class.
Should I study ahead of time?
- Yes, it's a great idea to read the book before coming to class since it covers a lot of information.
Can I take the exam online?
- Yes. We can proctor the online exam at CCK via appointment as long as you are able to bring a laptop. You will need to arrange a time to take the test at our office. Generally speaking you would need to schedule Monday-Friday between 8-6pm. In order to take the online exam, you first need to pay for an "online voucher" through the Servsafe website. Essentially, you buy a code that you will use to access the online test. Even when taking the online test you are required to have a certified proctor. The proctor will also have an unique code that enables you to take the test. Contact us if you have questions or need more information.